You know, I think we’re all born with just a little synaesthesia. Mine becomes apparent whenever I listen to a piece of music—I often find myself imagining the singer’s voice as a food item. As part of what will surely become my therapy, I’ve compiled a modest list of my favorite singers and which foods they sound like…er, taste like. Whatever.
- Jon Anderson (Yes) – Cotton candy
- Bono (U2) – Soup and crackers
- Neil Diamond – Coffee and cigarettes
- Peter Gabriel – Marmalade
- Don Henley (Eagles) – Smoked ham
- Michael Jackson – Twizzlers
- Mick Jagger (The Rolling Stones) – Taquitos
- Geddy Lee (Rush) – Jell-O
- Kaustubh Pandav (Lucky Boys Confusion) – A Clark Bar
- Steve Perry (Journey) – Scotch
- Seal – Honey
- Frank Sinatra – Pistachio ice cream
- Britney Spears – Fish sandwich
- Sting – Raspberry jam
What do your favorite singers taste like?