I know what I want for Christmas (well, besides world peace, lower gas prices, and all that spiritual stuff):
…CD 1 features the original and remastered soundtrack as it first appeared in 1994, twelve years after the film was released. The second CD contains all the remaining music from the film that did not appear on the original 1994 soundtrack, plus two bonus tracks (“One Alone” and “Desolation Path”). None of this material has been released before.
The third and final disc will be of real interest to Vangelis fans – as it contains an entire album of newly written material composed by Vangelis to mark the 25th anniversary of Blade Runner. The music is strong and flowing, and retains the dark, atmospheric sense of the original score. There are some intriguing spoken word contributions too, from Ridley Scott, Roman Polanski, Oliver Stone and a host of distinguished actors, personalities and world dignitaries…
Dennis has all sorts of info. at his Elsewhere Vangelis site. Be sure to check it out if you’re a fan of Vangelis, Ridley Scott, Philip K. Dick, or electronic music that makes your ears go buuuzzzzzz.
@ Uncategorized # blade, runner, soundtrack, trilogy, vangelis
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I thought I’d take a moment to reflect on all that I have to be thankful for. Here’s my humble list:
- I am thankful for family, friendship, and telemarketers who say “have a great day” before hanging up.
- I am thankful for sunny days and starlit nights…despite the fact that as a longtime resident of the Los Angeles area, the smog system has kept me from seeing either.
- I am thankful for male pattern baldness, because I look at it this way: every hair lost is one less hair to have to comb in the morning.
- I am thankful for the privilege of living in a neighborhood that has earned the Biggest Pothole award for three years in a row.
- I am thankful for those rare but memorable days when the blonde who sits next to me on the bus forgets to wear a bra under her tassels.
- I am thankful for holiday carolers patrolling the streets with songs of merriment and joy…
- …and for the annual Christmas flu that renders my ears so full of wax that I cannot hear them.
- I am thankful for small miracles, and even smaller insurance premiums.
- I am thankful for guys named Steve who pay my tab and lend me a friendly ear when my date decides she’d rather spend my birthday in the arms of a muscular Yoga instructor sitting two tables over.
- I am thankful for prime time television – and the fact that it makes family interaction as easy as clicking a button.
- I am thankful for brotherhood, and the solace in knowing that no matter how smart or talented my younger brothers are, I was always there first.
- I am thankful for every book I’ve ever sold, every lie I’ve ever told.
- I am thankful to be a citizen of these grand United States of America, one nation, under Schwarzenegger, with liberty and justice for all.
@ Uncategorized # thankful, thanks, thanksgiving