(Via The Little Design Stall.)
Amazon.com may have the entire book industry in the palm of its hand, but there’s one thing it doesn’t have: ambiance.
From the original Flavorwire article:
…why would anyone leave the comfort of their couch to buy a book when with just a click of a button, they could have it delivered to their door? Well, here’s why: bookstores so beautiful they’re worth getting out of the house (or the country) to visit whether you need a new hardcover or not.
Only two of the stores shown are located in the United States, because, naturally, this is what modern-day America thinks of books:
Coming soon: Starbucks.
Bonus: 20 more AMAZING book stores.
@ Journal # books, bookstores, photo, travel
Says Emily: “Hi, my name is stereotype and this is my dog.”
Says me: “Oh, you are so +watched.” In an online art community context, not in a lurk-in-the-bushes-outside-your-house kind of way. Really.
@ Journal # animals, art, cartoon, dogs, humor, webcomic
(Via Daily Picks and Flicks.)
Behold: the only laptop in the world impervious to all computer viruses…though it does tear easily.
@ Journal # fun, funny pic, humor, paper notebook, photo
Due to recent budget cuts…
- The silver lining has been replaced with pewter.
- “Someday” has been postponed until further notice.
- Wishing upon a star will be limited to 1 wish per household.
- The best things in life are now available for a small fee.
- We ask that you refrain from “hanging in there” until such time as repairs can be made.
- We’ve run out of sweet to go with the sour.
- The concepts of “fun” and “originality” have been banned from Hollywood until such time as they can be made more cost-effective.
- We request that couples make love using power-saving mode only.
- Non-subscribers will no longer be eligible to receive a free blessing with their disguise.
- We’ve been forced to increase our rates to a dollar a dozen.
- The full monty has been reduced to a three-quarters monty.
@ Journal # economy, humor, life, satire
I don’t care if you wrap an overcoat around him and stick a pipe in his clamp, R2-D2 still looks like a (darling) steampunked trash can:
But at least he’s a sharp-dressed trash can. Which is more than I can say for Data when the producers of Star Trek: The Next Generation tried to make him cooler by having him play keyboards in a heavy metal band:
“He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away.” —Raymond Hull
In other words, be yourself, young droid. Be yourself.
@ Journal # art, artwork, humor, movies, R2-D2, star wars
It’s done, it’s out, and it’s FREE for all you uber-privileged Amazon Prime members out there, now through the middle of May (99¢ for the rest of us poor slobs). This is everything I posted last year as part of the ongoing SuperMegaNet webserial (webcereal is more like it), as well as the one-off #SMNTheTape Twitter novel I did to make up for The Tape webcomic’s turning up stillborn. As an added bonus, I’ve thrown in some rough sketches from The Tape for the sole purpose of making the bulge in my pants look bigger. That about rounds things out to a sexy ~900 kilobytes of digital gibberish just waiting to infiltrate your mind, your pants, your soul.
(On the hush-hush, if you don’t have a Kindle, and you don’t want to wait until summer, when the e-book goes into wider distribution, e-mail me for the ePub and / or PDF version. More than likely I won’t even ask you for a topless pic of yourself in return. Because that’s the kind of guy I am.)
Buy it at Amazon.com
@ News # books, Fiction, humor, SuperMegaNet, twitter novel, webfiction, writing
(Image via nscarr.)
Beloved pr0n site YouPorn has, through an embarrassing data breach, inadvertently forced its users to go full-frontal. This choice quote from the Neowin article pretty much sums it up:
In an odd twist of fate, YouPorn finally found a way to literally screw its users.
This is basically the online equivalent of that time when you were twelve years old and you thought you’d closed the bathroom door all the way, but you really hadn’t, and the family dog nosed it wide open at the exact moment you achieved the biggest orgasm of your life, and your mother saw everything, and that’s what gave her the hysterical blindness that eventually led to her divorcing your dad because every time he wanted to make love she’d get violently ill.
Boy, am I glad I only ever indulge in 30-second free preview porn clips.
@ News # fail, hilarious, humor, News, privacy, technology, wtf
(Via the deep : the shallow.)
Not that I’m a proponent of nudism or anything. I think it’s silly to shop for groceries or check the mail with the ol’ wang hanging out all friendly-like. But there are several occasions on which I’d one day like to shun my textile upbringing and embrace my inner sun-worshipper.
Commence clothing-optional bucket list:
- Visit nude beach (of course).
- Run laundry down to laundromat in the buff; blame economy for forcing middle America to choose between gas for their cars and clothes for their children.
- Step out onto balcony immediately after morning shower and read The Family Circus while fanning nether beard.
- Pose nude for art class while shredding Monterey Jack cheese onto chest, a la Terrence Maddox.
- Win first place in nudist beauty pageant after “mysterious” suntan lotion blight disqualifies all other contestants. (WTF??)
- Sleep in naked so that rest of family are more likely to be super-embarrassed when barging into bedroom.
- Apply for job as otherwise placid nude greeter at Wal-Mart.
- Travel back in time to when best friend’s smokin’ hot sister was twenty-one; activate naked coed sleepover mode.
Yep. Totally naked bucket list, just as soon as I start hitting the gym again and getting rid of them man-boobs…and the beer belly…and the backwards biceps…and the…fuck it. I think I’ll just keep my clothes on.
@ Journal # bare butt, humor, naked, nsfw, nude, nudism, Thoughts
There is no greater truth than, “Don’t be a dick.” With the possible exception of, “Don’t drink from the tap.”
@ Journal # humor, Inspiration, life, Philosophy
Yep. She got 30 million views for flexing her eyebrows in time with “Don’t Stop the Rock.” Cute, but not quite as impressive as a guy who can flex his eyebrows and play shitty guitar…in time with “Don’t Stop the Rock.”
I hate the Internet.
@ Journal # comedy, don't stop the rock, eyebrows girl, girl with a funny talent, humor, video