Any Dell Inspiron 7559 4k laptop users experiencing Windows 10 desktop animation / video playback lag should make some noise here:
I picked up one of these laptops a few weeks ago, and the Nvidia GTX 960M GPU performs like a champ when it comes to 1080p gaming and video editing. However, the Intel HD 530 side, which handles Windows 10’s desktop animations, chokes on very basic tasks like window animations and video playback (both standard and high-definition). There’s word on the Interwebs that this is either an issue with Intel’s HD 530 graphics driver optimizations, or else is related to the way Windows 10 handles graphics acceleration for legacy desktop apps vs. Modern / Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps. Or maybe none of the above.
The bottom line: if you’ve got a 7559 4k and are experiencing a similar issue, post at the aforementioned link. Hopefully with enough awareness raised, Dell and / or Intel will be able to get rid of the lag once and for all.
@ News # geek, technology, windows 10
Now prossessing: a modern take on an old nightmare. (Aka, I’ve always wanted to wear this as a T-shirt. Well, ever since I heard of Bluetooth…whatever that is.)
@ News # castlevania, geek, humor, motivational poster, t-shirt
My fluency represented as an icon on a T-shirt.
@ News # geek, humor, motivational poster, t-shirt
@ News # futurama, geek, music, retro
(Via Loading Artist.)
Gregor knows me better than I know myself.
@ Journal # geek, humor, technology, webcomic
You think you’ve got problems, I just accidentally turned off my laptop by mistyping—because the power button is a key on the friggin’ keyboard. #DesignFail
@ Journal # fail, geek, humor, technology, webcomic
Upgraded to Windows 10 over the weekend, realized my laptop’s card reader wasn’t working. So, I threw a fit, yelled and broke things, and re-installed Windows 8.1—only to discover that the card reader has been broken all along. #FML
(The above command is available as a T-shirt.)
@ Journal # geek, humor, t-shirt, tech
An overpriced replica of an overpriced computer—but, oh, do I want one anyway.
@ Journal # design, geek, pixel art, retro
You are /dev/null to me.
@ Journal # comedy, geek, humor, linux, motivational poster, technology
(Via Amanda Blain.)
I too grew up in an era when…
- …the only way to properly front-load an NES game was to stuff several slices of Wonder Bread between the cartridge and the upper cabinet.
- …you had to flip the tape over to finish listening to an album, and the term “Walkman” wasn’t merely a part of speech used by children asking their parents what they listened to before MP3s.
- …it was okay to be a guy and to wear skintight pink jeans.
- …HBO’s Feature Presentation intro was more fun than the movie it preceded.
- …texting someone in class meant scribbling a note on a piece of paper and asking the kid sitting next to you to pass it along before the teacher saw.
- …Jay Leno’s hair was more pepper and less salt.
- …children asked for actual dogs for Christmas (and not Nintendogs).
- …you left the TV on overnight during the winter as a cheaper alternative to traditional indoor heating.
- …Phil Collins was the shit.
- …Facebook was just a no-no left behind in one of Mark Zuckerberg’s diapers.
- …Omni Magazine still walked the Earth.
The 80’s are dead. Long live the 80’s.
@ Journal # 80s, geek, humor, life, retro